On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Barbara Patterson wrote:

> About massage therapy...I agree that it's great.  I've only tried it once
> but my leg, in fact, my whole body felt terrific afterward.  I haven't
> felt as relaxed in years.  My biggest problem was how to stay awake until
> it was time to go to bed. The real big problem is that our provincial health
> insurance doesn't cover it and the insurance through McMaster only covers
> $15 for each session and each session costs $60 so it's way too expensive
> for me.  I can highly recommend it for those of us with muscle rigidity
> especially if the cost is covered by a medical plan.

It might be worth trying acupuncture too. I guess the chances of that
being included in your health insurance is rather slim, but if it is: try
it. I received(?) acupuncture for something like 5 months, and my
spasticity was clearly less pronounced. In the Swedish health care
system, acupuncture goes on the same bill as physiotherapy, and costs $10
or something like that, with a cost ceiling at $120: over a 12 month
period, you pay max $120 - after that the state pays for the remainder of
the period. (FYI, the same goes for medicins, but there the ceiling is at
$165 or something like that. $=USD)

I might be able to make my physiotherapist to reveal the exact names of
the points she uses if anyone's interested?

/John (28/0)