Dear List,

I am reading all the talk about shingles.  My Mom of whom I am caregiver
is currently fighting her third round with Shingles.  I have come to
think that the two things must be somehow related, or some how cause
problems because of each other. I don't know I'm not a medical person
but it sure is weird that several have had experience with shingles and
also have PD.  It has been very interesting to read how many others have
had a problem with shingles.
   Could the fact that stress of the PD makes for a green light for the
herpes?  Mom is not able to tell me she is in any pain, so it worries me
that perphaps she is in pain and not able to let me know.
   Mom is currently taking famvir, a new medicine for shingles I am
told. I can find nothing on it in my medical books but am having a
terrible time getting pills down Mom.  They are large!  I smash them and
mix with applesauce but am still having hard time getting her to take
them.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 Is this something that has been discussed before?  Is there any
information on shingles in the archives?  Appreciate any input about
this.  I will bring this to Dr.'s attention on out next visit.  As he
has not been able to offer a reason why Mom having such a time with
shingles.
Thank you so much
Pam Plemons c/g for Mary 77/27