So that's it!  The reason Barb is so consistently right on target!  She's
a lefty, a southpaw, a portsider!  On the theory that we superior types
must stick together, I attach a piece I wrote recently about being left
handed.

Reflections on Chirality

In order to avoid arousing and aggravating
 the right-handed majority,
[Heaven knows they are aggravating enough as it is.]
these reflections are right justified.  [not possible in e-mail]

Right-handed advice:
Do right, in all things, do right
I’ll try, sir, indeed, sir, I’ll try.

Write right, at all times, write right
That I cannot do, sir , indeed, sir, that I cannot do.

Etymology  [from Partridge]
Left is derived from Leper.
Right in all its senses is opposed toWrong.

For Land Lubbers
Port is to the left;
Starboard is to the right.

Loaded Language
Adroit I am not
No matter the what.

More nimble than many
Dexterity, I haven’t any.

Clumsy, never.
Yet, gauche forever.

Sinister, I’m one,
Yet threaten I none.

Left-handed compliment
Who needs it?

Penmanship
[with apologies to Omar Khayyam and Edward Fitzgerald]
My moving Finger writes, and having writ
Moves on. Keep your Piety, your Wit,
Your Tears.  My trailing Hand is guaranteed,
To smudge out every blesséd phrase of it.

The National Pastimes

From the stretch,
port-siders
 strare directly at the runner on first.
If the first baseman is also a southpaw,
the runner must be doubly wary.

The left-handed batter’s box
is two steps closer to first base
than the right-handed batter’s box.

TRBR is the expected,
TRBB, TRBL, TLBL and TLBB
are common;
 TLBR
is nearly non-existent.

Koufax and Spahn were lefties
who pitched from the south
and won lots of games.

Clinton and Bush were lefties
who pitched to the South
and won the big game.

George  64/15   and still dealing from the left