Jane, there may be another cause for the symptoms, what about dust mites in
the bed linen, which are microscopic, and cause itching, leading to scratching
and infection?  I have seen an expose' of the portable air purifiers used to
get rid of dustmites and other airborne pests. They said the units cannot
solve the dustmite problem on the bed linen, because the mites cling tightly
to the cloth, and do not fly around the room, so they do not get filtered by
ANY of the purifiers.  I would advise to wash the bed linen with HOT water in
a washing machine, and do it often. See if this helps the rashes.  I had
chronic hives for a long time, and I symapthize. KenBecker
@/AOL.COM