Hi gang!

Only been on here less than a week, & I have enjoyed the info & the
humor.  I posted my story about my dad earlier in the week.  I'll
have more when I read other posts that jiggle my memory.

Before I get into the drugs, I want to say that PD was listed as cause
of death on my dad's death certificate.  It wasn't pneumonia.  His
system was shutting down, & everything stopped.  So, they put that
his death was due to PD.  I do miss him, but I'm glad it was over when
it was.  He went through a lot because of different doctors & medicines.
But, I hope I can help with different suggestions.

Anyway, I was quite interested in the list, because I was given that
Compazine, when I really didn't need it, at the emergency room.  I had
started 2 evenings prior being really dizzy.  My doctor wasn't in
the following day, but the nurse said if I got worse to head to the
hospital.  Each way I turned, my world was spinning.  I had figured
it must have been inner ear.  Just getting to the bathroom was an
adventure.

My husband took me, & the doctor guessed inner ear.  I was put on
Antivert.  But, they also gave me a shot of this Compazine.  I had never
really taken medicine, so I didn't know of any allergies.  However,
they never mentioned side effects.  I was there 1 1/2 hours, but nothing
happened till on the way home.

I felt myself wanting to go to sleep, but I was also real hot.  Then,
I heard him calling my name.  I had blacked out briefly, started shaking
a bit.  Then, I felt as if my legs were giving out.  I told him that I
felt like Dad when I was trying to walk.  I may have blacked out a
second as I was trying to get up the steps, because my next memory was
him carrying me.

When I was finally in bed, I did cool off, but I was so groggy.  I did
survive, but I made a note for the future.  Also mentioned it on the
survey card for the hospital.  We didn't know the side effects for the
Compazine until he got the prescription printout at the drugstore.

I was in bed 3 days with that infection.  Then, I staggered around the
house since I was dying for a shower & couldn't take being in bed
anymore.  I was able to go back to work, slowly walking around in
a fuzz.  I had to be driven, but I could work at my desk.  At least,
it fell around a weekend, so I only missed 3 days of work instead of 5.

Even though I don't have PD at this time, I wanted to let you know
my experience with that Compazine.  Who knows if I will get it.  Dad
had it.  He was adopted, so we can't go back in the family tree.  I
hope it doesn't happen to me, because I don't know who would take
care of me when I would need it.  My dad missed his 60th birthday
by 2 months & 9 days.

Keep up the good work!

Ruth Ross ([log in to unmask])