Introduction:
  My name is Marge Green. I was full time caregiver for my husband who passed away
in Sept. Some of the ways that we dealt with problems may be helpful as they come
up on the list.
  He was, for a while, taking a fairly good amount of Sinemet CR. Sinemet induced
hallucinations started. He was put on Clozaril for the hallucinations, but they
not only didn't stop, they seemed to get worse. I finally convinced the doctor to
change medication. He put my husband on Risperdol. Overnight, the hallucinations
stopped. One night he hallucinated and literally the next night he didn't.
Risperdol (antipsychotic) is on the contraindicated list. He had no problems with
it and it worked. It's listed as moderate risk.
  When he was hallucinating, we  told him that he saw it and we didn't. He even
started telling us what he saw by saying,"I know you don't see it, but..."
  The worst was when he thought the house was on fire. The funniest was when he
thought he saw a horse in the dining room. 20 minutes later, he asked what we had
done with the horse. We told him that we put it in the barn with the goats. (we do
have a couple of real goats, no horses) He seemed happy that the "horse" that he'd
seen was "in the barn".
Marge Green