"anybody had any experience with, have any helpful hints about swallowing
difficulties?"

  Try crushing the pills and adding them to applesauce.
  Be very careful, give a little at a time. If it goes down into the lungs instead
of the stomach, it can cause pneumonia.
  If Sinemet in either liquid or something like applesauce spills on clothing ,
towels, etc., it makes a very black stain that absolutely nothing will remove. It's
the equivalent of black dye. This scared me at first as it didn't turn black right
away and I thought the black was coming from his mouth. His mouth looked fine and I
realized it was the Sinemet.
Marge Green