The staff doc at Mom's NH has a HUGE caseload.  My perception is that he has no time to really examine any of his patients, and gets his info from the head nurse who is present at all his encounters with residents.  What we did was to take Mom to a doctor outside the facility.  When she could no longer handle even a short trip in the car, we used a wheelchair transport company (and either rode along or met her at the office).  NH residents in Kansas are required to see a primary care doctor every 90 days.  When Mom was on hospice care and completely bedridden, her doctor came to her .... for which I am deeply grateful.  Oh, we also took Mom to see her neuro at KU, and an eye doctor, and a dentist, because she didn't like the docs at the NH.  The NH was not pleased, but it is every resident's right to see medical professionals of his/her choice.  Mary Rack