It's amazing to us how many time some symptom pops up in list discussions
that David has had for many years that we had no idea was symptomatic of
Parkinson's.

Just recently these discussions:

The need for visual clues at night-David always had to have the light in
the garage to go around the corner and open the den door.  I never needed
it-knew basically where I was and could get there without turning on a
light.

The skin rashes- seborrhea.  David has been treated for that by the
dermatologist for many years.

Becoming unusually emotional was a recent topic and David was experiencing
that.

The metal allergy.  David can wear only pure metals-gold, stainless steel.
Other metals in watches react with his skin and soon literally begin to eat
holes in his wrist.  (He wears no jewelry except his wedding band and a
watch.)  I bought him a watch that hangs from his belt for Christmas.  He's
very happy with it and has no discomfort.

Manganese--David was/is exposed to a drier used in paint manufacturing that
he calls liquid manganese.  It's 6% manganese.  I wonder if that is
sufficient to cause his parkinson's-or bring it on earlier-or intensify the
symptoms ?

It seems every week we find more commonalities with other PWP.  It's very
interesting.

BTW, THANKS to everyone for NOT sending all those LONG, LONG posts
recently.  Reading the list has been much more pleasant lately.  Sometimes
it's really difficult to read the digest (the only way we could subscribe
to such an active list) because there are so many long messages and quoted
messages.

If  one needs to let the list know he has information that might be of
interest, he could give a brief summary and give the list the OPTION of
writing for the information to be sent privately.  Thanks, again, for
limiting these long posts.  We really enjoy reading the personal messages
most.

Brenda Moxley
cg David 53, 2
Birmingham, Alabama