Appy Birthdee, Jim!! <smahl>

Barb Mallut (faking an Aussie accent)

----------
From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Jim Slattery
Sent:   Thursday, January 15, 1998 8:40 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Dead Blue: Surviving Depression

Hi Elliot,

>TO  HELL  WITH  PARKINSON'S!!                   LONG  LIVE
WET  BONES!!
>                        Ten Ribald Parkies
Proverbs 17:22

Huh?  In my Bible, Proverbs only goes to Ch.12.  Or is
*that* the joke and I am too dim to see it? <grin>

Anyways, while I was looking it up, I stumbled on the Book
of Isaiah, which reminded me of the following story.

A man walked into an English pub in the West Country, with a
small dog on a lead.  He went up to the bar and ordered a
pint of bitter. The barman looked over the bar at the dog,
then said to the man, "Naice doag, wot's naime?".  The man
said, "  1 Isaiah".  The barman said, "Yer named yer doag
a'ter the first cha'ter o' the Book of Isaiah?"  The man
said, "Naw."  The barman said, "Why der yer call 'im 1
Isaiah, then?"  The man said, "Because one eye's 'igher than
t'other."

(Sorry to all Poms for the attempted accent.)

Jim 59/13 (Gotta put each one up a year, it's me birthdee)