Jim, I agree with you. In our case we felt like the l-dopa medicine
was doing more harm than good. Return visits to the neurologist would
be a reminder that he thought my father had a classical case of
Parkinson's disease, except that he was progressing rather rapidly.
  Let's not forget that my father was working with an Environmental
Medical Doctor, prior he had been put on Sinement for a short period
of time. I do not know exactly what my father was put on by the
Envir.M.D.but I can assure you that it was natural medicine. We were
instructed that this would in no way be comprised by the use of
antioxidants, mineral or amino acids, etc. (not into herbs<smile>)
  After I reported to my father the New Mirapex, he started on that,
to again go back down hill. Occasionally he will take 1/4 tab of
Sinement, but has been moving successfully away from that entirely.
  I believe that their are many causes to Parkinson's disease
and since my father worked with heavy metals all of this life,
their was an increased amount of heavy metal toxicity.
  We directed most of his treatments towards detoxification, however,
since we know that any illness can cause stress on the host, not
only on the CNS but other bodily functions as well, we are looking
into the direction of locating any problems that could have taken
advantage of this situation. That being viruses.
  Perhaps when I mentioned "we", I should have included the
Environmental Medical Doctor. Personally and in our case, I was glad
that we had gotten away from the neurologist, the only thing that he did
was pass my father a prescription for Sinement.
  The Environmental Medical Doctor called for many repeat urine, blood,
and hair tests during the course of a two year treatment and if any
thing had been going wrong, we would have known about it.
  I believe that what many patients fail to realize is a doctor is
not always going to suggest that tests be run. But that is no reason
why the patient cannot request these tests.
  I have had to do this many times when I have taken my son to the
doctor for various reasons, otherwise only a physical exam would have
been given.
  I agree that when using various drugs, there are adverse reactions to
even cold medicines. However, most drug stores give you a list
of known adverse reactions, but if I was to begin to worry about
things that were not listed, then I might as well give up fruits
and vegetables too. <smile>     Linda Forrest's Mom