Roger wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>As I had mentioned before, my father had been started on a trial of one of
>the newer PD meds, unfortunately without much success.\
SNIPPED I've been seeing a lot of
>discussion here about Mirapex and Requip; are these 2 of these new meds? I
SNIPPED
>-- But I don't think it would've been Requip, which to my understanding is
>for patients with early symptoms. My father's condition is quite advanced.
>I'm afraid it seems the only medication he's *ever* realized any significant
>benefit from is his Sinemet.
SNIPPED>
>Roger

Roger-- Requip is NOT ONLY for recently dxd patients, but can be used along
with Sinemet( which can be then reduced) in more advanced PWPs. This is the
case with Peter. He is finding it helpful. Recently on the list there was a
post from Jennifer Kinscy, who works for Smith-Kline-Beecham, mfgrs of
Requip. She offered to share info about it with anyone--her address
is:<[log in to unmask]

You might get in touch with her.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH