I've been trying to get veteran's benefits for Dad from the VA
(in Philadelphia) and have only been getting the runaround from
them so far. They wanted financial information, so I gave them
information on Dad's assets, AND a copy of his 1996 tax return.
They took their time, and then wrote back that they needed "more
information" (without specifying what information they needed).
I sent a certified letter to the adjudication officer's manager,
but have not heard anything back. I've been going around in
circles with these people for half a year- from what I can see,
they're pretty useless.

-Bill Levinson (Father, Herbert, 77/4]