Hi -- my support group just showed a tape on swallowing difficulties.  I'm
passing along what I remember:  Sit up straight, hold chin down (makes more
space to swallow).  Take small bites, chew thoroughly, even suggest putting
utensil down on plate between bites.  Do strengthening exercises for a short
time several times a day:  make an 'o' with lips and pop them together several
times; make an 'o' with lips and poke tongue out top and then bottom; run tip
of tongue starting in one corner all the way around lips, then do in opposite
direction.  Poke tongue out one side of mouth, then other side; do the same
except in one cheek, then the other; run tongue alone roof of mouth to the
back several times.  There were suggestions as to what foods to eat -- my
support group leader here in California had the tape. It's from "Methodist
Hospital" I think it was Minneapolis (???) If I remember more exercises I'll
send them along.  Best, Liz S