Does anybody have experience with the use of memantine (NMDA antagonist) in
Parkinson's disease? What dose is used and how long is it applied for? Is
it injected or taken orally? Was a difference noted with treatment versus
no memantine in regards of progression of the disease? Where any side
effects noted?

We are planning on using the drug on some of our dog patients with
glaucomatous neuropathy, and we hope to prevent them from going blind. Our
findings will hopefully be very useful for future use of memantine in
various neurologic diseases in people. We appreciate any input!

Thank you very much!

Andras M. Komaromy, Dr.med.vet.
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Florida