>>My, own thermostat, and those of friends with PD, are very
wonky.  We can sit around in 10 deg C (50 deg F) in
short-sleeved shirts, in comfort, or (less often) resort to
sweaters when its 25 deg C (77 deg F).<<

Jim,
     interesting observation.  I haven't noticed the shivering/sweating
symptoms, but do find that, without a top coat, when driving by myself at temps.
between 10 - 30 F, I have the heater off and the outside vent open, 30 degree F
on up, the AC on.  Needless to say, I suffocate when riding in my wifes' car,
the heater, of which, is never off from Oct. to Mar.

Joe Young (66/6)