If this is any help:   Used to be a pharmaceutical rep.  I will admit I am
very into all natural/nutritionals re: nutraceuticals now.  I cannot think of
a reason why cutting out the norvasc, or the slyburide would cause nausea.
Although Compazine is prescribed for several reasons, its' side effect is
commonly anti-nausea.  Usually it is an anti-depressent/anti-nausea med.  The
"smell/odor" in the carpet, although undetectible by your mother, would be
formaldahyde.  Formaldahyde is commonly used in carpet fibers, cloth (in cloth
stores), in foam insulation (in the walls of homes) etc... Common side effects
are headaches, nausea, dizziness, etc..(my father is a chemical engineer)  I
grew up in the Chemical industry, and then went on into the medical
world...From what you described the carpet could very well be the culprit.
Without further info. I just wouldn't be able to give you further advice.   I
have found, from personal experience with other PD patients that Pure Grape
Seed Extract has been extremely beneficial, when given in Pharmaceutical
Grade, Guaranteed Potency All Natural form.  (Not food grade)  If I can be of
any further assistance.  Feel free to e-mail me back at [log in to unmask]   Good
Luck !
Hope this helps.  Keep me informed as to your Mothers condition, I would be
interested for both her condition, and yours.   Your freind,   Steve