My mother is 72 and has been diagnosed for about 5 years now.  She's
really having trouble getting good nights sleep.  She get maybe one decent
night sleep for every three or four nights.  And when she does finally get
sleep it's a really drugging sleep.  So she feels worse after waking up.
The doctor has her on Sinemet CR 50/200 4 1/2 times daily, Permax 1 mg. 3
times a day, Artane 2 mg also 3 times, Atenolol for high blood pressure 50
mg 2 times a day, and Temazepam 15 mg every other night.  Temazepam is a
sleeping tablet that doesn't always work.  The doctor doesn't want her to
get hooked on the Temazepam , but it seems to me there's no danger of that
if it doesn't always work!  Does anyone have any suggestions on good sleep
remedies?  She can fight the effects of PD if she doesn't get more than
one or two good nights sleep a week.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Sincerely, Sheila Chaudoin

Sheila Chaudoin                 Phone: 319-263-3065
Musser Public Library           Fax: 319-264-1033
304 Iowa Ave.                   [log in to unmask]
Muscatine, Ia  52761-3875       http://www.rbls.lib.il.us/mus/index.html