Parkinson Alliance
“an association of individuals to further the common interests of people
affected by Parkinson’s”

The Leadership Council of the Parkinson Alliance (formerly the NPF Parkinson
’s Patients Congress) met Jan15-18.  Twelve Parkinson’s advocates
participated. Consensus was reached on all issues addressed to date.  The
next step in the evolution of this alliance is to have teams comprised of
members of the Leadership Council meet with leaders of APDA, NPF, PAN and
PDF to discuss how we might together hasten our common goal of curing
Parkinson’s and helping those afflicted with Parkinson’s.  A detailed report
will be made available shortly after those meetings.  At this time we would
like to share the following results of our efforts:

Mission Statement: To provide a structure to empower individuals affected by
Parkinson’s disease to have a voice in setting the national policy agenda
for research and patient services.

Vision Statement: The Parkinson’s Alliance is an action-oriented group of
people directly affected by Parkinson’s disease.  We include individuals who
are fervently dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease and
providing patient services, to that end, we will develop and maintain a
national policy agenda with and for the Parkinson’s community.  In unity of
purpose we collaborate with the mainstream Parkinson’s organizations and
with people who have Parkinson’s disease.  Through state-of-the-art
communications at the grass roots level, we:
1) advance the national policy agenda;

2) promote effective coordination among existing Parkinson’s disease
organizations, and;

3) empower people affected by Parkinson’s disease to make a difference.

Jim Cordy
Pittsburgh