Sheila,

I don't have bad sleep problems (yet?) but I do have some bad nights
occassionally.  I have discovered two things which help.  One is Melatonin.
 It works sporadically and leaves you feeling a little groggy.  The other
is Amino Fuels which I bought at GNC locally.  It contains all twenty amino
acids (it is not a hormone like Melatonin).  The bottle says that it is
liquid energy so I bought it to help me from dozing in the afternoons.
However, much to my surprise, Within half an hour of taking this stuff, I
am out like a light.  I noticed that the ingredients include L-Tryptophan
which is the stuff in turkey and warm milk that makes you sleepy.

Plus, I saw an earlier thread on this list discussing a doctor recommended
combination of amino acids to solve the insomnia problem.

                        Ron Reiner