From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Arthur Hirsch
Sent:   Monday, January 19, 1998 10:01 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        A request for help

I MISS MY LIST-FAMILY!!!   My ISP is MSN (have you noticed that we no
longer speak in sentences - Net conversation's in acronyms?) <smile>  and
some of MSN's email servers are apparently down.   I've been unable to
send or receive via my primary MSN email account  since 'bout 12 noon
last Saturday!  Needless to say, I'm like  an addict who's hadda go
"cold turkey,"  Where's my email, MSN?  Huh?  HUH??

My Juno account is ONLY for emergency email  'cause it can't directly
access the List and has  crummy spell checker to boot.   I GOTTA have a
decent spell checker or no one'll have a CLUE what I'm writing!

I received a phone call this evening from a frantic woman, in tears.
She'd had a unilateral pallidotomy 3 months ago at Good Samaritan
Hospital in Los Angeles with "so" results.     She could live with
THAT, but the SCAR is causing her no end of pain, tingling, itching and
general anguish.    She commented that the scar was all knotted and
"twisted," and actually was TWO scars, as it appears the surgeon did
side-by-side cuts (for a UNILATERAL pallidotomy??).   She was puzzled why
metal staples were used instead of stitches as the few PWPs she's met
who've had the surgery (myself included) had removable stitches.

Basically, the woman would like to know if anyone else whose had a
pallidotomy has had staples rather than stitches to close the incision.
She'd like to know if anyone has ended up with a scar causing them great
discomfort  and/or a scar that's all knotted up.

Please email your response to me at my emergency email account BEFORE
Saturday, Jan. 24 (allowing enough time for MSN to get their email
service up and running) OR  to my PRIMARY account after Jan. 24.  I'll
forward all responses to the woman as she hasn't got a PC.   I know
she'll be very grateful and won't feel so alone with her PD.

Thanks a lot to those of you who respond with information.  That's what
we're all about on our List!   Sharing 'n caring....

Barb Mallut
[log in to unmask]    <--- primary email account)
[log in to unmask]         <--- emergency email account

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness