> I don't have PD, but all my life I have had trouble with directions.  I have
> heard that it actually is a condition.  I can get lost in a motel.  If I
> leave a freeway to get gas, often I turn the wrong direction to get back to
> the freeway.  I cannot drive in a large city, because I don't think I could
> ever find my way back.  I have had my husband teach our children directions
> from their early ages.  They can go into our mountain pastures to hunt and
> always know how to get out.  It is very frustrating for me because most
> people just donot understand.  Nancy B cg for Don 64/14

  This is so funny ! My husband is one of these people who has NO CLUE
  where he is - we tease him and say "turn him around twice and he's lost !"
  I've always been alble to instictively KNOW if I was heading North or South !

  I had a roommate once who couldn't reverse directions to get home for
  NOTHING - we'd say take 287 south - to the Parkway North - to 9 north -
  she'd get there fine - but could NOT reverse it - or would only reverse part of
  it ... and get hopelessly lost.

  Is this a genetic thing perhaps ? But you say your husband taught your kids ?
  So maybe it is teachable ?

  I'd love to go into one of those Maze/gardens that they have in England -
  that would be so fun - but my husband might never get out !

  Have a nice day !

 Donna

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000