Do It Yourself (14 Jan 98)

The local supermarket where I shop for groceries is in no way a
"health food" store, but they now have a rack with assorted
diet supplements, as an indicator of how popular "alternative"
medications are getting. The only products in that category
that I use are, occasionally, the relatively proven Vitamin C
and Vitamin E. But a quick scan revealed the following, many of
which are taken and praised by various listmembers.:

B-12                        Lysine
B Complex                   NADH
Beta Carotene               Niacin
Calcium                     Papaya
Chromium Picolinate         Potassium Gluconate
Coenzyme Q 10               Primrose Oil
Cranberry                   Pycnogenol
DHEA                        Saw Palmetto
Fish Oil                    Shark Cartilage
Folic Acid                  Soya Lecithin
Garlic                      St. John's Wort
Gingko Biloba               Vitamins (all kinds)
Ginseng                     Zinc
Glucosine Sulfate Complex

I don't know what it all means, except there must be a lot of
people out there who aren't fully satisfied with doctor-
prescribed medication. Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road