Hello again, Greg,

I agree with everything you have written, BUT I still don't understand where
you got the idea that "most of the members on the list" find pallidotomy to
be risky.

Since your first post was in response to mine about DBS and pig cell
implants, I thought you must have reached your conclusion from my post.
However, nothing in my post suggests that pallidotomy is more risky, but
rather *if* there are side effects, they are permanent.

>Dr. Mahlon DeLong of Emory University in Atlanta said the DBS, which has
>the same risks as any other delicate brain surgery, is wonderful because
>"it works for all symptoms of Parkinson's Disease." Side effects, which are
>permanent in pallidotomy patients, can be adjusted or eliminated in those
>with DBS."

My post certainly does not indicate how "most of the list members" feel
about either surgery. As someone said a few days ago, "You pay your money,
and you take your chances."

You wrote: "I understand even the thought of brain surgery elicits fear and
anxiety in most people. I'm  here to tell you my experience was good. I feel
I would be doing a disservice to the list if I did not inform its many well
educated members."

I'm delighted that you received such good results from your pallidotomy, and
I wish the same for anyone else opting for whatever surgery they choose.

Judith Richards