Hi, I am new to the Internet and this informative mail group.

My name is Mary Watkins and I live in Columbia, Missouri.  I was diagnosed
with PD in November 1990 at the age of 50.

I participated in a Cabergolene study and did quite well on the Cabergolene
and Sinemet program.  My neurologist transferred to Phoenix during the study
and another neurologist, who is on the staff of the VA Hospital, followed us
through the end of the study.  This study ended in September 1997 and we
were taken off the Cabergolene "cold turkey"  We were not gradually taken
off the Cabergolene and put on another medication.  Also, since the
neurologist was a full-time VA doctor, he could not continue to see me.
Therefore, I had to get a new neurologist immediately, as I did not do well
at all without the Cabergolene.

My new neurologist put me on Mirapex and I am doing fairly well on it.

I have worked as a secretary at the VA Hospital for 16 years.  As is the
case in many companies, the Government is downsizing, thus creating more
stress, more work, and less people.  Therefore, I applied for disability
retirement.  I am still waiting for approval of this disability.  Hopefully
I will get the approval soon, as I have only enough sick leave to go into
the second week in February.

I will close for now.  I am looking forward to receiving the information
 from others.

Mary Watkins  ([log in to unmask])