I was a subscriber to this list until last summer.  My father has PD
and my mother is a middle stages alzheimer's victim.  I was reading
the list mainly to educate myself, and stopped primarily because I
couldn't keep up with flood.  Even at 33.6K it takes a good while to
bring in the mail when you don't look at for a few days.

My mother is now settled in a very good alzheimer's home (one of the
Arden Courts facilities).  My father's been relieved of the
day-in-day-out burden of caring for her, but now has the depression
and loneliness that's brought.  His neurologists's had him on Mirapex
for a few months and just recently urged him to maximum dosage.

I have a couple of questions.  Recently he has temporarily lost his
posture completely.  My sister was driving him home from a visit with
my mother and he was slouched over on the console, though he was
keeping up a conversation.  My brother said he found dad sprawled on
the couch one evening; this is very unusual for him.  I don't remember
that this was a side-effect of the Mirapex.  Is it?

I'm also wondering about the cost.  I don't know the exact figures,
but I gather he's paying about $200/month for the Mirapex.  Is there a
preferred mail order source?

I appreciate the opportunity to read your exchanges; even the ones
arguing over the list "bylaws."

Mike Handy ([log in to unmask])