Hi Claire Polomark

>Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with someone that has
>Parkinsons?  (This is probably a stupid question).  What kind of things
>can I do to help?

I certainly HAVE:
1. treat them like human beings first, PWP second.
2. show them you BELIEVE they can do everything for themselves, but be
prepared to lend an unobtrusive helping hand.
3. DON'T be over-solicitous. By all means say something like "I expect
Parkinson's is a bit difficult to cope with sometimes: I won't keep
offering help, but if you'ld like a hand ever, just ask, and I'll try to
help without taking away your independesnce.
3. Include them in the working-party, ideas group or whatever.
4. give them TIME to respond, time to do things etc
5. give them a hug from time to time - we all need hugs, and those with
long-term, progressive disorders even more so.
6. be interested in their disease.

Good luck.

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]