Hello folks, It seems a long time since I wrote to the list; in fact it is
two weeks, but you will understand that it was not a normal 2 weeks when I
say that it started with a head crash on my hard disc (840 Mb). After
that, things started to go downhill (!)  I have lost virtually all of my
files regarding my tablet analysis program, which is a blow , and also I
have lost my E-Mail address book. If any of you out there are waiting to
hear from me, or anyone who would just like to remind me of their address
please write to me directly. It would be a great help.

Now if the next bit sounds a bit irritated, perhaps you will understand a
little: I expected to find a backlog of mail when I finally got on line
again, but 708 e-mails !!!! you have got to be joking. Something drastic
is called for.  I am afraid that the last time this was discussed, and a
general agreement was reached, the decision to mark the contents of an
e-mail more clearly, thus enabling us to skip those that we did not want
actually increased the total flow. More drastic action was required. I
know that this is really unfair, and I may well miss some valuable
contributions, but I did a quick bit of analysis and found that if I
arbitrarily chop out the contributions of the three most prolific writers
to the list, I saved myself from reading 120 emails -yes, 120. So thats
how its going to be from now on ; those three will go back onto my list
automatically when their output drops below 3 e-mails per week. It's a
hard world out there, but what else can we do?