Brian writes:

 I know that this is really unfair, and I may well miss some valuable
>contributions, but I did a quick bit of analysis and found that if I
>arbitrarily chop out the contributions of the three most prolific writers
>to the list, I saved myself from reading 120 emails -yes, 120. So thats
>how its going to be from now on ; those three will go back onto my list
>automatically when their output drops below 3 e-mails per week. It's a
>hard world out there, but what else can we do?

My mail server was having problems a couple of weeks ago and I ran into the
same logjam. It was a nightmare. Have you discovered a way to block the
download of some mail? Or are you talking about mass deleting here? Many of
us would really appreciate a solution to the problem.

Kathie Tollifson