Hi Claire-- the info about your friend is very interesting. There are many
folks who feel that their PD was "caused" or at least "triggered" by toxic
exposure. We've had a lot of discussion on this list in the past about
that. Some research is also available.  And I have friends who also suffer
from chemical sensitivity, even to the point of having to wear a
charcoal-filter mask when going out.  The idea of linking these 2 things is
a new one to me, though.  We are always told that the *cause* of PD--that
is of the death of the cells in the brain which receive the dopamine--is
unknown. There are theories about genetic causes, also, in some cases.  I
wonder if the link between them is your friend's idea, or if she has been
told this by a neurologist?  It would be interesting also to know more
about the epidemic of window-screen poisoning--where, and when, and how
proven ?   Meanwhile, I wonder if you have had a chance to call any of the
PD groups I sent you the 800 numbers for?( They can send you a lot of good
info about PD, as you asked for that in your first post.) Can you tell us
how long your friend has been diagnosed, what meds she takes, etc? The
purpose of the meds, of course, would be to replace the missing dopamine
(which is lost gradually over years) and control the symptoms of the
disease. Please fill us in if you can, sio we can perhaps be more helpful.

>Hi all,  I have found out more about the person I know that has
>parkisons.  On top of having no dopamine in her brain she also have
>extreme chemical sensitivity.  (The parkinsons was caused by these
>chemicals but they also caused the chemical sensitivty as well)  So she
>gets very sick from any foreign scent and on top of that she has
>absolutely no coping ability (lack of dopamine).  Their Parkinsons was
>caused by window screens.  There was some extreme toxic chemical in
>these screens.  It actually killed their cat because the cat used to sit
>by the window screens and watch the world go by.  There was a whole
>community somewhere in the states that had the same effects from these
>window screens.  I don't know exactly where but if anyone was interested
>I could find out.
>
>-Claire Polomark

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH