From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of TAMJON
Sent:   Wednesday, January 21, 1998 12:25 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Barb, Janet, Arthur, etc.

Hey Guys,

How about if I jumped to the conclusion all you accusers on this list, were
only interested being cruel to others -- and if I happen to be "proved" wrong,
then I apologize?  Also, all I ask of all of you if a simple "yes" or "no"
regarding your intentions.  Is your only interest to be cruel to others?  A
simple "yes" or "no" would suffice.

That was the essence of Barb's email to me.  Of course, in the place of
"cruel" she had "make money."  What kind of way is that to think?  And I don't
know what the hell red flag you're referring to Barb.  I despire multi-level
marketing as much as the next person.

I already wrote the reason for giving that email address.  I just happen to
type it in, to see if there was such a site -- like, www.health.com to see if
anything pops up.  I quickly scanned the information, and thought it might
give others something to read on the subject.  I then listed a direct 800
phone number, for a legitimate mailorder vitamin company that sells
supplements from over 30 NATIONAL HERB/SUPPLEMENT companies, in which someone
could call if they were looking for a CHEAPER alternative to what was listed
on that sight.

And, everyone has free choice for heaven's sake.  If you're interested in that
supplement than fine, if not, than fine.  I still ask you Barb the same
question I did before -- as you have yet to answer it --
Did you even bother to call the 800 number I gave, to verify they were who I
said they were, before you threw me into the pit to be stoned?  Well, we know
the answer to this don't we.  You never called -- you just assumed it was some
scheme.  Gheesh, wouldn't it be nice if the mailorder companies I recommend to
my friends, rewarded me for sending them customers?

Do you make money when you tell someone you had a great meal at XYZ
resturaunt, and the price for your meal was more than resonable?  Of course
not.  The same applies to me.

I also did post a whole biography about my husband and his diagnosis and his
symptoms.  Guess I could say you're an imposter too, just looking for some
folks to talk to because you're lonely, and so you're just pretending to have
Parkinsons.  Do you see the other side to this yet?

I spend quite a bit of money on vitamins and supplements for my whole family.
We all take vitamins.  Because of the expense, I've shopped around.  My
husband works for a supermarket chain, and they have recently added a
department called "Nature's Marketplace."  In it they sell all kinds of
vitamins, herbs, supplements, health books, herbal teas, etc.  However, they
don't discount them.  They charge full retail.  My husband would love it if I
bought our supplements at his company's store.  But it sould cost me a ton
more than it already does.

Therefore, I searched for alternatives.  The first company I ordered discount
vitamins from was on America Online -- Vitamin Express.  From there, I found
others that discount even more than they do.  Often these companies I order
from, have sales going on from different suppliers such as NATURE'S WAY -- a
manufacturer well known in the herbal business -- and offer a discount of up
to 40% off.

So I ask you, why wouldn't I use mailorder companies that offer me the same
thing products as my local store, pharmacy, or health food store, but at a
discount?  How is relaying information about national mailorder companies,
that sell national brands, construed to be a multilevel scheme?  I must be
missing something.  I must be eligible for something you are solely aware of,
and I am not.

With this, I contend to end the discussion of my "intentions," as Barb has put
it.  Please note ... I AM NOT going to leave this listserve, as my husband has
early onset Parkinson's Disease, as I've said before.  I've found many of the
discussions here to be useful and helpful in our attempt to adjust to his
diagnosis and symptoms.  I have met some very nice people here too.  This is a
support tool for me, as all the support groups at Strong Memorial Hospital/U
of R for PD meet during the day.  During the day, my husband is working.  I
don't know what this says for Parkinson's here, if everyone is available for
day meetings.

BTW, we are located in a city that has one of the top 20 movement disorder
clinics in the country.  I feel fortunate for this.  My husband sees the
associate director of the MIND unit here, and he is wonderful.  Interestingly,
he encourages us to read articles posted on the net concerning Parkinson's to
stay abreast of the latest research and developments between visits -- and
this is just what I do.

But then again, I could be making this all up uh Barb?  As my daughter would
say, "what's your proof?"

So lets end this now, because I'm here on the listserve for the long-term, so
you had better get use to me.  Why not let the dust settle -- you may learn
something from me you didn't already know.  I have a wealth of information on
all types of health issues.  The info I have pertaining to this illness will
be shared via this listserve.

And that is all I have to say.

Looking forward to the continued exchange of information with all of you,

Tami A :)