Hi Greg,

I sure would hate to have people restricting what they post, even if all of it
is not of interest to me.  I manage the volume of mail at the incoming stage,
by scanning the subject lines and deleting any messages with topics I don't
want to follow.  For instance, you could just delete all messages with "humor"
in their titles, or "non-pd"  or whatever.  I have some days where I delete
everything except medications, even though I know I'll certainly miss
something of interest, just because I am too busy to deal with the volume.
But I'd rather have the choice myself, rather than restrict the postings at
the source.

Another two things I do: direct mail to my home account rather than to my work
account, and download/send all my mail before work, and read/answer it offline
in the evenings.

Good luck!
Barbara cg for Harold(58/20)