I can only imagine how hard this is for you.  On the subject of the home
health aides, or as they are called by our VNA/Medicare provider, Licensed
Nurse Assistants.   IF your mother qualifies (it certainly sounds as if she
does) as homebound, meaning she can't get anywhere on her own and needs
assistance with activities of daily living like transferring, toileting,
preparing meals, etc., etc., then she is entitled to have an aide or
whatever they call it where you live provided by the medicare-approved
provider in your area come twice a day for two hours each, or by a
different interpretation, up to 4 hours daily.  They cannot just sit with
your mother....they have to provide personal care such as bathing her,
feeding her, but surely you can be clever enough to schedule that...so just
put in your request, hold your ground, even call your regional Medicare
office and confirm what I've told you, and then tell the agency that they
have to do this...your mother is entitled to it!  You need a break and they
know that....it's in no one's best interest to have your mother fall, need
to be hospitalized, have to go to a nursing home....all of the alternative
are MORE costly.   Good luck

*****
Janice Clements
649 Everest Rd.