Ken Becker wrote:

> Les, good luck at your appointment with the Neuro. I am curious, do you use
> Nutrasweet, or Equal sweetener? I was skeptical, but when I read that it
> affected memory negatively, I quit using it, and find that my memory has
> improved. [log in to unmask]
No, I don't if I know about it.  I used to have a mint candy with
aspartame but stopped as soon as I found out.

At the neuro yesterday I mentioned the affect to the nurse who
acknowledged the report.  She works for a scientist, she says, so is
still waiting for resarch report to prove the effect.

My MRI showed my brain is normal and the neuro detected slightly worse
symptoms so pd is about as confirmed as it's likely to be.  He asked if
I wanted to take part in a pilot study to investigate the effect of
medication on the dopamine recycling system.  medications are either
Sinemet, Mirapex or a placebo.  He needs pwps who have not taken pd meds
before, so I'm ideal.  Start February if I'm accepted.

I've just sent a NOMAIL command, so please reply to me direct.  I'm a
week behind reading messages (>330) and need a break.  Just got a new
puppy and our two previous foster puppies are our own now, so we have
our hands full.  Hope i can  continue exercising them adequately long
enough.  Need that cure pdq

thanks for all advice and news, you've been a great benefit.  I'll be
back soon, I hope.

les stevens Tottenham , Ontario