Dear Listmembers:

What are the symptoms of a Sinemet overdose?  The reason I ask is
because my husband, Bob, went off of Permax last August and tried to
titrate up onto Mirapex, this did not help him at all; no sleep, very
stiff, rls began, very nervous.  (I am now wondering if the Ambien he
took at bedtime had some type of bad reaction to any agonists he
tried).  So, next he tried Requip.  Same bad situation.  Tried to go
back on Mirapex, not good.  Tried to go back onto Permax - this caused a
terrible reaction within a few minutes of swallowing the med, severe
persperation (drenched), very weak, very bad)  So, Dr. said to try a
very, very low dose of permax, but same thing happened.  Finally, a
couple of weeks ago we discussed with Neuro that NONE of the sleeping
meds helped him, the only thing that gave him about 1 -2 hours of sleep
was a 10/100 reg. sinemet and a 25/100 CR, which he would take about
4:00 AM.  We decided to put him on Paxil (obviously by this time he was
EXTREMELY depressed and taking far too much Sinemet)  Bob got himself
off of all the sleep meds and now we are trying to cut back his daily
Sinemet intake from about 8 - 10  25/100 CR's per day (only one 10/100
reg/day).

From observing him  it appears that if he is on too much Sinemet his
symptoms are almost the same as if he is on too little Sinemet.  Could
this be true?  Over these months he stopped taking the Eldepryl too
thinking this would solve the insomnia.  Since 1/24/98 he is taking:
    10/100 reg. sinemet
    25/100 CR                 at 4:00 AM

    25/100 CR, one  at:  8:00 AM, 12:00 PM,  4:00 PM

    Paxil, 10 mg. (dr. wanted to start low) one at 8:00 PM

He does not have much good time.  He is afraid to try the very low dose
of Permax again (he was on it for 3 years prior to all of this).  Also,
he had a Pallidotomy on 9/26/97, the results of which seemed great for
about 3 weeks.

He decided to try the Mirapex last Aug. because his on time was
dwindling and he thought this new drug may extend it.  The Mirapex and
Requip only made his life miserable.  The Paxil seems to be helping
every so slightly, at least he does have an apetite (sometimes), during
all of this he has lost 30 lbs.

Any advice, thoughts, ideas, or prayers would be so very much
appreciated.

Love to all of you,

Jackie, CG for Bob, 47 (age) 6yrs (diagnosed)