Thanks, Ralph--I've added it to our collection. It is a bit more complex
than the "Fruit Paste" (1 c. each of prune juice, bran, and applesauce)
that Peter is finding helpful--but good to have options!

>Hi.
>
>In yesterday's PD Digest, someone asked about a recipe for easing
>constipation. Some time ago, I saved a recipe that had been posted here (by
>an RN based in Honolulu, as I recall) that addressed that same problem, and
>so I'm taking the liberty of herewith posting that same recipe (Note: I did
>not originate this recipe and take no credit for it; I would be pleased if
>the originator would like to take credit for it and to add any updates, if
>any, to it).
>
>*** Anti-Constipation Fruit Spread ***
>
>1 lb pitted prunes
>1 lb raisins
>3-4 oz pkg of Senna tea
>1 cup brown sugar
>1 cup lemon juice
>
>Prepare tea with 3-1/2 cups of boiling water. Steep 5 minutes. Strain to
>remove leaves etcetera. ONLY 2 cups of tea to large pot.
>
>Add fruit to the tea, and boil together 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add
>sugar and lemon juice. Use food processor or blender to blend to a smooth
>paste.
>
>Place the blend in plastic or glass containers. Put in freezer -- the blend
>does not freeze and will keep for a long time.
>
>Use 1-2 times daily on crackers or toast. --

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *