Kathie-- you are titrating up on Requip at the speed Peter has done--and he
too has done well--some of us are just "slower" than others, and it's a
good thing!
Good luck. We've reduced Sinemet to 1000 mg X day, from 1600, very
gradually, and the neuro said that when P. slowed down, it would be a sign
to add another Requip, at the time we had cut the last Sinemet.

At the local (Tucson) APDA educational meeting this month the speaker was
>Dr. Stuart Snider, who is probably our most parkinson-savvy neurologist
>these days. His message was about what to do if neither Mirapex nor Requip
>had worked out for you, and there was a huge turnout to hear him. Having
>flunked both agonists, I was very interested in his opinions. His first
>point was that both of the new agonists seemd to offer some  advantages over
>the old ones, especially in the area of neuro-protection, and ability to
>replace sinemet. But he said that there was nothing wrong with continuing or
>returning to Parlodel or Permax if the new ones didn't work. The advice that
>was most significant to me was that he felt that people were titrating up
>way too fast on both drugs, and he suggested going real slow.
>
>I took him up on it, and started Requip again, and am titrating up at an
>almost invivible pace, but at least I am still using it,  and adapting to
>it. After about 6 weeks, I am still only taking 8 or 9 of those little ones
>a day, but no side effects. Soon I will get real brave, and add a pill or
>two   :)
>
>When we need help it is hard to go slow, but these drugs are so powerful, I
>think sometimes it is unrealistic to expect to adapt as quickly as we would
>like.
>
>Kathie Tollifson
>47/9

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8