Sharon
Just my feelings---electric shock therapy does have a place in certain
instances but I cannot see it plausable for PDers.  Gee, I've noticed a lot of
Parkies end up in Psychiatric wards after hospital admissions because of their
confusion and hallucinations.  The Psy unit is not the best answer and can
actually do harm.  For one thing they are not up to date on parkinson, seems
that hospital trips is detrimental to PDers as so many hospital personnell do
not understand the disease and especially the need to continue meds.  Changes
in environment is a big factor on their worsening confusion on admission.
Seems also that any medication change to decrease or increase causes a
hallucination.
Hope you have a good ND who specializes in movement disorders--insist the the
Psychiatrist consult him prior to shock therapy.  I have not met a Parkie who
ever had shock therapy.
Hope things get nbetter for you
Mary CG for Mel 76/12  (NH placement Nov 13th) but we are adjusting.