Su-- the loss of Medicare help is a real bummer, I know. We only had/needed
it for a few weeks, fortunately, and their criterion for stopping was that
Peter had improved to the point that "skilled" care was not needed. After
that point, they have to stop, by law.  The need for some kind of skilled
care is what justifies the presence of the home health aides, and saves the
cost of private pay .  You might see if there is in your locale any agency
that provides such help on a sliding fee scale, based on income. They have
just started such a service in our community as a result of passing a
senior services levy last year. It is aimed at the middle income folks who
fell between the cracks--too "rich" for free services and too "poor" for
full fee private care. Some HH agencies here are getting eligible, and
there may be something like that in your city also?  And hey, keep venting
if it helps--

    Camilla Flintermann .. [log in to unmask]
    CG for Peter, 79/8     ( co-owner of CARE list)

    * "IF THE ONLY TOOL YOU HAVE IS A HAMMER,*
    *     EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NAIL"      *
    *         ---Abraham Maslow              *