My name is Mary Watkins and I live in Columbia, Missouri.  I was diagnosed
with Parkinsons Disease in December 1990.

I participated in a test of Cabergolene.  This study ended last September.
When this occurred, I was put on Mirapex along with the Sinemet.  This has
worked fairly well, however I felt I had better results from the
Cabergolene.  However, this drug was not approved by the FDA.

I have applied for disability retirement from my job, which has not been
approved as of this time.  I am presently on sick leave.  I had been working
as a secretary at the VA Hospital here in Columbia.  As many businesses are
doing now, they have been down sizing and it had been getting more and more
stressful all the time.  I simply got to the point where I could not handle
the job any more.

Since I have not been working, I have been feeling much better.  I did not
realize how stressful it had been until I wasn't working any more.  I do get
very tired and need rest periods during the day.  This has helped mu much.

I am planning to try to get some typing to do at home, since I have finally
gotten a computer.  I feel this would be very good for me, as it would give
me something to do, and I could get my rest in whenever I need to.

I am looking forward to participating in this mail group and receiving the
information that is generated.

Mary Watkins   [log in to unmask]
Columbia, Missouri