Joe,
     I had a similar problem when my neuro prescribed Requip -
first our pharmacy didn't have it in stock, and then when it came
in, they learned it wasn't on the formulary of our HMO -
Independent Health. It required a few phone calls from my neuro
to the HMO to receive "authorization", and it took a few days but
it did eventually work out okay, and the Requip prescription was
covered by them. I also was running out of the samples my doctor
had given me for the first few weeks, but the pharmacist
grudgingly did let me have a few of the pills until the insurance
approval came through (after a little pleading). I suggest, Joe
that you ask your doctor if he would to talk directly to your
insurance company, adn try to straighten them out.

     BTW, I wrote to Jennifer Kinscy who represents SmithKline
Beecham, with a Requip question. It turns out that she is
actually from Media Connection of NY, a public relations firm,
not from SKB itself. I did receive a reply from her in about 2
days, saying that she was forwarding my question to SKB, but I
haven't heard from them yet.

Linda Herman