At 07:15 PM 1/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
> I'm Carol Mcleod , a new subscriber to the Parkinson's List . I was dx
>last year and
> I usually get a blank stare from my doctor when I tell him what's going
>on with me . I have

    ^ find a better doctor if you can.

>an inner tremor that is not visible , there isn't much info on that . Do
>any of you have pain
>in your hands , neck and shoulders , or legs ? what about muscle
>clenching and twitching

     Yup, Yup, Yup, ..... Plus the occasional cramp.  All of this
frightened me at first but it seems to have had no bearing on my
progression which has remained slow.  I have found it best to take these
things one day at a time and not sweat the samll stuff.  Also, I found that
many of these problems diminished when I got off of sinemet and permax.

>like they have a life of there own ? Do any of you think your cognitive
>ability is sometimes
>different than it used to be ?

This was a major concern for me because I make my living as a computer
programmer and mathematician.  I don't think that my cognitive abilities
per se have been affected.  However, I don't respond well to job stress and
don't have the stamina I used to have.  But that could be age creeping up
on me.  I don't seem any worse off than my healthy peers.

                        Ron Reiner (50/2)