Jim Slattery wrote:

The story (and underlieing research paper) refer to the identifying of a
gene "connection" between some cases of "familial" tendency to PD in
some "early onset

> Hardly THE gene CAUSING Parkinson's.
>
> Jim
> ------------------------------------------Jim,
What would you prefer a President who gets some of the facts wrong but
at least knows about Parkinson's or the Australian Government, who
turned down every medical application for Parkinson's research last
year? At least he gives hope for the future. John Howard and his mates
give none. At Parkinson's NSW we have allocated $75,000 towards research
this year and I know you and your colleagues in the west are doing their
bit.
Maybe if Clinton stayed off the Le Whiskey he'd get it right (Grin or
grimace).

Peter Dawkins