Hey Ken - it's sure a good thing you DO enjoy music, what with all them radios
you've collected!  Why ya can listen to a BUNCHA songs simultaneously <smile>

Before I came down with PD, I played piano, and guitar regularly, and to this
day I miss not being able to sit down and enjoy the pleasure of  playing an
instrument.

Barb Mallut

Ken Becker said:

Barb, you are so right! You don't have to be a PWP to get uptight, aggravated,
uneasy and ready to snap, if you hear "one more minute" of the depressing
garbage that passes for news. If you pay attention, you will note that abou
95% is BAD news, 4% is neutral, and 1% is good news.  When I start feeling
like the news is too much, or the talk radio is too aggravating, I pop in a
tape, when in the car. It might be some big band stuff from the 30's or 40's,
some pop stuff from the 50's, or 60's, or some surprise stuff, for example I
bought some cassettes in a thrift store that were unmarked, one is full of
beautiful music, sung in German. Of course I don't understand one word..well
ok I know Schveinhunt, and Achtung!,.....good words to know when in Germany or
a Mercedes dealership....but I can RELAX when I hear the music. I have a room
full of tapes, CD's records of all kinds, except cylinders, which are a little
scratchy for my taste, and I love to just pick out a handful without even
reading the labels, and fill the house with music. If everyone would spend
more time listening to music, the world would be a better place, except
possibly for Rap music, which seems similar to a news report set to
"music"........ One more thing...if you can go somewhere and hear LIVE music,
that's even better. (I don't make any money from music, but I come from a
family of past, present and future musicians, and I am the only one who did
not stick with it, and I am sorry, and someday may take lessons again!  ) End
of speech! (Bet you are sorry you took the cork out of my bottle!) KenB