My mother Joyce (68/11 months) has been on Requip only for over a month and
is only up to 1.25 mg./dose (she takes it either 3 or 4 times a day). She
is working her way up to her final dose (whatever that will be) very
slowly. In an effort to determine what exactly is causing her tightness in
the chest, her doctor took her off all other drugs before starting her up
on Requip (she had been on Sinemet, Eldepryl, and Permax). She still
experiences the tightness in her chest, which bothers her quite a bit and
makes breathing difficult. She is planning to call her doctor tomorrow to
say that she wants the Sinemet back -- that she just cannot take this
anymore.

This sounds reasonable to me. She gave it a shot, and taking the Requip
alone just isn't cutting it (although she is aware that things could get
better once on full dosage). The question is, is it reasonable to ask my
mother to stay off Sinemet for, possibly, another month or two just to see
what is causing what when, in fact, she might find some relief by combining
Requip and Sinemet. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Debbie White