-- [ From: Seymour Gross * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I'm somewhat puzzled by the posts re President Clinton's reference to
Parkinson's gene discoveries.  His statement mirrored the words and
enthusiasm trumpeted during these past months in the publications issued
by the Parkinson's organizations and by the media, and serves as
encouragement for the Appropriations Committee to approve the full $100,
000,000 for Parkinson's research, and in fact for Congress to allocate
billions more for scientific research across the board.  Dr. Varmus of
NIH sat next to Mrs. Clinton and was obviously pleased with the
President's remarks.  With the use of just a few words the President
gave greater visibility to Parkinson's, reminded Congress and people all
over the world that PD is still out there, and that more must and should
be done by Congress and the scientific community.  Isn't this what we
wanted?
Dolores Gross