Ervin asked:  "Does anyone have any information or experience with Chelation
or Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to assist in Parkinson?"
---------
   I have had both treatments:  over fifty chelation treatments and one
hyperbaric oxygen treatment.  (The therapist agreed that since I felt no
different during or after the oxygen treatment it probably wasn't going to
make any difference.)  I have not seen any change in my Parkinson's symptoms
that I can attribute to chelation. However, my PD is progressing quite slowly
compared to others. No one can know why that is, but I don't want to take a
chance and quit anything I'm doing.
   Dr. Cranton reports in his book, Bypassing Bypass:  "Improvement in
symptoms of Parkinson's disease following chelation are not as consistent as
seen in patients with proven circulatory disorders, but they occur often
enough to warrant further research."  Dr. Walker in his book, The Chelation
Way says, "Artiosclerotic parkinsonism is just one of three types of the
disease (PD)...It responds fairly well to chelation therapy, especially in the
disease's beginning stages.  The pill-rolling effect in a newly diagnosed
patient's fingers stops when the intravenous treatment is given."
  My experience with fellow PWP being chelated is mixed.  Some have been
helped.  Some were not. There is no way of predicting the number of treatments
it would take.  One gentleman I met had significant improvement after only six
treatments.  One lady showed no change until her 28th treatment when she
seemed to just come alive.  Another woman had thirty-some and showed no
change.
   If you are going to try chelation be sure that you go to a doctor certified
by the ACAM (American College of Advancement in Medicine): (714) 583-7666 (for
safety and optimal benefit).
   I'm not recommending for and not recommending against, but I am continuing
to do it for myself.
Sincerely,
Joan Dykstra