From: Camilla H.Flintermann <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, January 30, 1998 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Stay Positive!

>Dear Greg--
>The feelings you express must strike a chord for most PWPs---and in some
>way also for CGs. You have well shown the ambivalence we feel, and the
>importance of "accentuating the positive"....and I'll bet you felt better
>for writing it! Thanks for sharing it with us.
>

>>Dear List,
>>

>>Just some of what I have felt.  Feel free to  critique.
>>

>>It comes to me in the night without warning. It knows no prejudice. It is
>>like an albatross around my neck that wont relent. The sheer weight I
>>feel on my shoulders; the heaviness of all my limbs; the staring from all
>>directions. They are all that masque my true feelings for myself, my
>>family and  all that my mind sees. It is all encompassing. This
>>omnipresence, it infiltrates  any type of barrier I resort to. It does not
>>sleep. It does not nap. It does not  know a vacation. It robs any fine
>>motor control I possess. It hides any smile I  may attempt. It changes my
>>diet. I am not regular. I feel compressed like I have  been trash
>>compacted. It fatigues me. It depresses me. It is abusive and has no
>>conscience.
>>

>>I fight back day and night because I will never give in to this villainous
>>plague. I take medicine. I have operations. I adapt. I continue to try and
>>smile  through the camouflaging with my words. I give support. I accept
>>support. I vent  my frustration in private. I may be stiff but never
>>rigid. I educate. I learn. I  consult. I sleep. I nap. I have a massage. I
>>am an advocate. I am on the list. I  will win someday!
>>
>>Regards,
>>

>>Greg Leeman 37/6 [log in to unmask]
>>

>  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
>  Oxford, OH
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Ask me about the CARE list for*
> *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01BD2E1C.B4988BA0

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail-atm.maine.rr.com
Received-From-MTA: DNS; dt041n14.maine.rr.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 07:35:14 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [log in to unmask]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mohio.edu
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 07:35:15 -0500 (EST)

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01BD2E1C.B4988BA0--