Gregory,

You have won today!  Enjoy it.

Jeanette 47/3 months

----------
From: Gregory E. Leeman <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Stay Positive!
Date: Friday, January 30, 1998 5:37 PM

Dear List,

Just some of what I have felt.  Feel free to critique.

It comes to me in the night without warning. It knows no prejudice. It is
like an albatross around my neck that won’t relent. The sheer weight I feel
on my shoulders; the heaviness of all my limbs; the staring from all
directions. They are all that masque my true feelings for myself, my family
and all that my mind sees. It is all encompassing. This omnipresence, it
infiltrates any type of barrier I resort to. It does not sleep. It does not
nap. It does not know a vacation. It robs any fine motor control I possess.
It hides any smile I may attempt. It changes my diet. I am not regular. I
feel compressed like I have been trash compacted. It fatigues me. It
depresses me. It is abusive and has no conscience.

I fight back day and night because I will never give in to this villainous
plague. I take medicine. I have operations. I adapt. I continue to try and
smile through the camouflaging with my words. I give support. I accept
support. I vent my frustration in private. I may be stiff but never rigid.
I educate. I learn. I consult. I sleep. I nap. I have a massage. I am an
advocate. I am on the list. I will win someday!

Regards,

Greg Leeman 37/6 [log in to unmask]