At 09:59 AM 1/31/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I suggest that you browse over to www.quackwatch.com which is
>a medical site subtitled "Your Guide To Health Fraud, Quackery ... ." and
>refer to the article entitled "Mercury-Amalgam Scam" updated 1/1/98.  The
>article is most effective in exposing the fraudulent claim that the mercury
>used as part of the amalgam in dental "silver" fillings is poisonous and
>should be replaced.
>

>      Sid Roberts   68/3    [log in to unmask]    Youngstown, Ohio

To which I might add that my experience with a holistic doctor gave me
additional confirmation of the problem of mercury removal.  While
encouraging me to have it done, he told me that otherwise I would be cursed
with the mercury problem as long as I live: the mercury in teeth has such a
long half-life.  This told me that as long as I don't do anything about it,
it is not much of a problem.

Yet, when a holistic dentist tries to remove it, (s)he takes extreme
precautions from getting it into your system.  This told me that if I have
it removed and something goes wrong, it might become a problem.

Yes, I believe that the mercury may be having some toxic effect upon me.
It just seemed (and still does) wiser to just let it lie rather than risk
exposing myself to it.

The thought of chelation without removal of mercury from my teeth akso
occurred to me.  No, I was told, don't do that because the chelation will
affect the mercury in your teeth and create other problems.

Finally, I felt that mainstream medicine was making such strides that
changing horses in midstream, as it were, would isolate me from the
progress being made.

So the net of it all for me was that chelation might work; but it would
also consume much time, take much money, and expose me to greater risk.
The chances of success were outweighed by the both the costs of the process
and the risks of doing harm.

Others may come to a different conclusion.

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness